05 August 2009
Skydiving in Shelton, WA
Chris and I decided to go skydiving last week. He is an experienced solo jumper, and I did tandem (instructor TJ in photos). I felt normal and calm in the plane and up to the door, but as soon as my feet left the plane at 14.000 ft, it was extreme fear that froze me almost solid. I couldn't feel the person tethered to me. I didn't have a parachute above me. But I still had my wits, and had to force myself to start breathing and to stretch my arms out. The video they made is pretty funny, as we fell 10.000 ft in a minute. I used brute strength to do a thumbs up in the air, and remembered to look around. And as soon as the main parachute deployed, my emotions returned to normal. Seeing the world from 4.000 ft now didn't frighten me. That was interesting, and made it worth a second try.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment